Home Quest School a Provincial Online School.
What is a POLS?
- Provincial Online Learning Schools are schools in BC that are held accountable to following the Ministry of Education and Child Care’s expectations and guidelines to provide quality educational opportunities for students anywhere in British Columbia who wish for an alternative to traditional classroom learning. There are currently 36 schools in BC approved to provide this service. Home Quest is the Delta School District’s Provincial Online School (POLS) for grade. K- 9 students. For more information on B.C’s provincial online schools please check out the following link. Online Learning BC
- Through a blended program we provide support for families who wish to learn at home but also have access to optional virtual classes, in-person learning, outdoor learning, workshops and field trips.
- We operate out of Annieville school in Delta, where we have two classrooms, a resource centre and library where families can borrow and get more information on resources.
- Established in 2005 we have successfully helped students and families navigate their own, personal, educational journey while staying aligned with the BC Ministry of Education’s guidelines ever since.
To learn more about the way our program works:
- Check out our Quick Reference Guide
What Our Families have to Say About Us . . .
o “Home Quest has been a great experience for our son. The school is supportive, flexible and encouraging, not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ lockstep approach to education. This online school allowed our son to find his passion and joy in learning while taking ownership over his education, abilities and individual growth.”
o “This is our family’s fifth year with Home Quest and we love it – the flexibility to let our kids follow their interests and learn in their own way. The staff is so kind and caring, and dedicated to supporting us in finding the best learning options for each of our kids. They’ve played a huge part in supporting our teens that would otherwise have fallen through the cracks in mainstream school. Our youngest has been with Home Quest since day 1 and is thriving. We only wish we’d known about it sooner!”
o “We wanted to have more time at home with our children and more flexibility in their learning program than was possible in a traditional school setting. We ultimately chose Home Quest because the staff are warm and engaged with each learner and provide support and enrichment when developing learning plans. After five years with three children enrolled at Home Quest, we could not be happier – it has been the ideal program for our children.”
o “There is a famous quote by Ben Franklin that says, ‘Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.’ The benefits of homeschooling with assistance and support from Home Quest are that my son feels involved in his education, he can build up his own interests and he has a community of children and adults that makes him feel like he belongs. The Home Quest staff are always an email or call away to assist in anything you need. Your support teacher becomes your teammate and makes sure all B.C. curriculum requirements are being met.”
o “After two years with an independent homeschooling group, this is my child’s first year with Home Quest. As I have experienced two different homeschoolings, I can confidently say how amazingly Home Quest is working for my child. The best part of HQ is its blended approach of a perfect mix of home learning, outdoor day and once-a-week in school day for the sake of socializing, meeting with teachers and getting along with peers. Not to mention the fact that teacher supervision and interaction matters a lot which is the unique selling point of HQ, and my child loves it…HomeQuest, keep thriving!”
o “Home Quest is a hidden jewel and I am so glad we came across this option. I’ve always wanted to try homeschooling but never had the guts! In 2020, I jumped in and haven’t looked back! You get so much support from every single team mate, it really is like a family. They work with all the different needs every student has and in our family that is a lot. We have never been turned down from any special request we have asked for and, in many cases, we are offered multiple options. Our family specifically has benefited by attending and don’t have plans to stop!”