Below are some links that may help you make more connections in the community or find ideas for activities.
- Delta Kids: On this site you can find out about special events and drop-in programs in Delta. Looking for soccer or art lessons? They are listed here. Need support or information? Also listed here. Plus find our “Free Family Fun” brochure in our resources section. Check it out today!
- The Learnary: The Learnary is a non-profit social enterprise with a brick and mortar retail shop in East Vancouver. We are dedicated to curiosity based, intergenerational learning. A significant portion of our membership & customers are unlearners, home schoolers and distributed learning families. We ourselves are home learning families.
District Links and Resources
These links should be useful for both planning and supporting your child at home. They are resources that the District provides.
- Story Studios in Delta: This link will take you to Delta’s Story Studio home. Here you will find inspiration in how to build story ideas and writing with your child through natural play. Please let us know if you wish for Home Quest time in Delta’s Story Studio.
- Literacy Website: It is essential that you establish daily literacy routines at home with your child from a very early age. These routines become habits and learning becomes easier and easier. This website will help breakdown and explain the important aspects of each necessary routine in building literacy success and provides tons of wonderful tools and resources to support your child.
- Numeracy Website: Like the Literacy page, Delta is working hard to create a central location for teachers to collect resources for students. This page will help you break down and make accessible for your child the tools to success in Numeracy. These pages are works in progress and will continue to grow.
- Indigenous Education: Weaving Indigenous perspectives into learning is a large piece of the new BC Curriculum. We are building our resources at Home Quest to make this more accessible for you, but this website will go a long way in helping, too.
- Delta Academies: This is a unique opportunity for our Grade 8 and 9 students to be involved in a District program that is of special interest to them and connect with professionals in the field. Check out the options on the website!
- Deltalearns: This is the home page for the District’s teacher resources. Please feel free to explore.
Curriculum Area Specific
These pages will offer you some specific resources for individual curricular areas. Very excellent snapshots of the curriculum expectations can be found here on Shelley Moore’s website (she calls them curriculum grids).